The Regional Manager is responsible to the Vice President of Operations and Regional Vice President for the implementation of the goals of the properties in their portfolio. The Regional Manager shall achieve this objective through the implementation of annual budgets and maintenance improvement programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.
- Apprises the Vice President of Operations of any significant problems.
- Provides explanations of financial reports to the Vice President of Operations and Owners.
- Responsible for agency inquires and issues through the Vice President of Operations or Regional Vice President.
- Develops business plans and marketing strategies of portfolio properties in coordination with Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for financial and physical integrity of assigned portfolio properties.
- Prepares community operating budgets to include determination of the need for rent increase and subsequent requests for justified rent increases as market/agency allows in coordination with Vice President.
- Coordinates major rehabilitation/maintenance plans with the appropriate Vice President(s).
- Coordinates capital expenditure plan with appropriate Vice President(s).
- Complies with applicable government regulations.
- Selects, trains, supervises and motivates Area Managers and/or Managers.
- Establishes performance goals for assigned portfolio.
- Coordinates selection of Area Mangers with Vice President. Evaluates Area Managers and coordinates pay matters with Vice President.
- Conducts monthly on-site meetings with Area Managers.
- Visits portfolio properties, at least or as needed, quarterly, no less than quarterly.
- Directs/assists Area Managers/Managers in the organization and operation of sites and staffs to achieve positive results.
- Retain final authority in selection of Community Managers after recommendations by Area Managers (if applicable).
- Assures adequate administrative/maintenance support is provided at sites for daily operations.
- Review budgets to determine necessary corrections.
- Ensures site personnel are complying with company policies and procedures.
- Assures adequate legal assistance is available to sites.
- Oversees income collection and expense management for sites.
- Reviews monthly financial statements.
- Approves all invoices over $200.00 and those for utilities, personnel and reserve eligible items.
- Final authority for lease termination.
- Conduct thorough property inspections at least 3 times per year using approved format.
The Regional Manager is accountable to the Vice President of Operations, Regional Vice President and applicable government agencies for overall management operations of all assigned portfolio properties. The Regional Manager will have contact with the public conducting relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the company. The Regional Manager will be called upon from time to time to participate with local community organizations and projects.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment with some outdoor activity being required. Traveling required; either local driving, interstate traveling, and/or flying. Some light lifting required and may be required to walk up stairs.
- Must have good leadership skills, communication skills, and decision making abilities.
- Ability to train and motivate staff. Onsite and field experience a plus.
- College graduate or minimum work experience of 10 years
- Minimum -5 years Management experience
- Minimum -5years supervising 10 or more subordinates
- CAM or CPM designation desired
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel