Under general supervision builds, manages and maintains relationships with clients and decision makers while selling multiple Hotel and Condominium rental units along with, Convention space and Food and Beverage services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell multiple Hotel, and Condominium rentals along with Convention Space and Food and beverage services.
- Maintain sales revenue to achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales quota.
- Identify and close sales on a local, regional and national market level.
- Penetrate and saturate prospective and existing customer organizations for effective multiple department selling.
- Take initiative to cultivate all lead sources to generate new business and fill gaps where business is most needed.
- Qualify leads and prospects gained from cold calls, sales blitzes, and other sources.
- Network with prospects to uncover other decision makers for direct referrals.
- Know competitors top accounts, decision makers, rates and what it will take to move business.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Convention Services Manager, and other managers who participate in sales.
- Promptly follow up with all leads in a timely manner.
- Qualify in-house guests for additional business and referrals.
- Complete weekly sales call report and submit to Director of Sales.
- Maintain an active and visible position in the local community and Industry.
- Participate in community activities, team member functions and guest events.
- Conduct outside sales calls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication Skills
- Polished presentation-professional dress-articulation.
- High level of commitment and accountability
- Goal and detail oriented
- Independent worker/ Self-motivated
- Flexible and able to multi task
- Sales Ability and strong communication skills
- Work under pressure without being distracted, keeping focused on sales in the midst of hotel or client issues, or market and customer changes
- Being able to communicate well with various groups of people-with hotel staff as well as business clients.
- Comfortable with sales calls, including cold calls
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment Monday through Friday 8am until 5-6pm with occasional weekends required
- Occasional travel required to attend various Trade Shows and Conventions
- Required to attend various Business functions outside the office, i.e. Bay County and Panama City Beach Chamber events, Site Visits, and outside sales calls
Minimum Job Requirements/Education:
- Minimum 3 Years Hospitality (Hotel) Sales Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent.