Immediate opening for a Convention Services Manger to coordinate all aspects of assigned group programs, acting as major group contact from start to finish of each program, to ensure complete customer satisfaction. See Job Description below for details.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid benefits: life insurance and LTD
- Company-subsidized health benefits
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Fifteen (15) days Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement programs and annual scholarship program
EOE and Drug-free Workplace
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To act as a liaison between hotel and groups, ensuring meeting space is appropriately set up, and handling any special client requests and activities on or off-site.
- To create group resumes sheets which detail group purpose, room/suite block/pickup, rates and special negotiations, VIP’s, meeting and recreation agenda, AV, accounting, and all special instructions to operational departments of hotel.
- To plan all group food and beverage events, including assistance with menu selection, decorations, entertainment, and audio visual.
- To attain pre-set monthly revenue goals for banquets, as determined by the Director of Sales and the Director of Food and Beverage.
- To meet clients upon arrival and introduce them to key hotel staff.
- To create Banquet Event Orders that include information for each groups’ meeting and food and beverage functions.
- To communicate last minute changes in group functions to hotel staff and ensure satisfactory follow-up.
- To plan and direct pre-convention meetings, as requested by client.
- To lead weekly group evaluation meetings, as needed, ensuring that other hotel departments understand their roles in upcoming group programs, and reviewing past performance for groups which have checked out.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Boardwalk Beach Resort.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To always maintains the cleanliness and safety of work areas.
- To practice safe work habits always, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the proper handling of all relevant equipment.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate.
- Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded.
- High quality standards for production and service.
- Diplomatic and calm.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Good team player. Customer service focus.
- Able to work productively with little supervision.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Works primarily indoors in temperature-controlled, clean, and
- well-lighted office and banquet/meeting rooms.
- Spends approximately 25% of work hours outdoors in all weather conditions, conducting customer tours, and interfacing with operations.
- Bi-level structures. Extensive facility.
- Fast-paced position with high level of responsibility for meeting production deadlines.
- High level of interaction with all types of people and all hotel departments.
- Has company paid cell phone for 24 hour-a-day availability.
- Stands/walks approximately 50% of shift. Sits at desk or in meetings approximately 50% of shift. Heavy telephone and personal computer use, daily.
- Patience and tact
- Required to accommodate customer needs and resolve occasional difficult situations.
- Must be flexible to work long, sometimes irregular hours to accommodate client schedules.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must have minimum two years experience in conference coordination in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Must be knowledgeable of operations in all other areas of the resort, but particularly in the kitchen and front office.