Boardwalk Beach Hotel & Convention Center is seeking an Executive Chef / Kitchen Manager with a personality who knows how to supervise and manage a kitchen efficiently and costs effectively. Must be able to oversee multiple concepts at once while supporting the location based team. Someone who cares as much about quality as they do presentation. Someone who can multi-task between concepts and thrive under pressure, while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid benefits: life insurance and LTD
- Company-subsidized health benefits
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Fifteen (15) days Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement programs and annual scholarship program
EOE and Drug-free Workplace
The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production including restaurants, banquet functions, etc.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain quality of food product and ensure consistency in food delivery standards
- Develop new menus and oversee the implementation in a timely manner that shall be coordinated in an organized calendar with the approval of senior management.
- Schedules and coordinates labor within budgeted labor costs
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs that shall be defined in a formal recipe guide
- Managing, developing and mentoring staff of full-time, and part-time culinary employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and disciplining
- Ensuring event staff is aware of workplace expectations; providing on-going assistance, training, and mentoring to event staff; promoting a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative workplace environment
- Maintains food, labor and other costs to budget
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Consults with the Food & Beverage leadership about food production aspects of special events being planned
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained, which may be revised as needed to achieve profitability.
- Develops policies and procedures with Human Resources to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen, food and beverage staff
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members
- Select, train, and supervise colleagues in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment, and safety measures that shall be presented in a comprehensive ongoing training program
- Oversee culinary operating expenses and make recommendations that will drive profitability.
- Strong computer literacy, with knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes and analyzing costs
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
- Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Must be able to be around heat and hot equipment for extended periods of time; up to 4 hours at a time
- Education: High school or equivalent education required. Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline preferred
- Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. Certification as Executive Chef or Certified Master Chef by a government accredited culinary agency. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
- Experience: 5+ years experience of management in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge . Previous experience in a Chef role with hotel a plus.