*Experience in HUD, Tax Credit, and LIHTC preferred*
Under supervision of the Community Manager, the Family Support Coordinator facilitates and coordinates various activities and training methods to assist adult residents with improving their prospects for self-sufficiency, employability, health care and economic self-reliance. In addition, the Coordinator will assist community residents with improving their education opportunities by providing tutoring, computer training and other creative and educational activities.
Incumbent is expected to have excellent attendance and communication skills, possess the ability to build lasting business relationships, and exhibit professionalism.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide resources to community residents to assist with finding employment as part of a Resident Employment Assistance program
- Provide resource and referral information to community residents to assist with basic family needs including but not limited to childcare, transportation, medical care, chemical and drug addiction, elderly services, food pantry, clothes closet, domestic violence, energy assistance, housing assistance, etc.
- Provide residents with personal interest workshops, social and holiday activities, and community and safety involvement activities
- Provide software instruction in Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Windows and internet basics as part of a Computer Literacy program.
- Market programs to community and property residents, post flyers throughout the community, develop and distribute monthly activity calendar highlighting all workshops, classes and activities to take place during the upcoming month
- Complete and submit buy email accurate monthly reporting package
- Maintain accurate documentation showing resident participation levels and progress
- Develop community partnerships
- Raise funds to supplement current budget
- Transport residents for shopping and activities and assist them with groceries, walkers, and other mobility equipment.
- Assist Community/Assistant Manager on administrative tasks, as needed
- Maintain clean and orderly appearance of center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and internet services
- Possess the qualities and sensitive nature to work with residents on all social, economic and educational levels
- Valid driver’s license with endorsement to transport residents
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- An undergraduate degree with a major in a related field preferred
- Prior work experience in Social Sciences is preferred
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs unassisted
- Must be able work with a computer for a minimum of 7 hours daily either standing or sitting
- Must be able to read printed materials and computer screen with or without MS or other software accessibility functions
- Must be able to effectively communicate in e-mail, by phone, or in person during the course of the workday