Under direct supervision of the Community Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning apartment homes upon move out to ‘move in’ standards and for maintaining the cleanliness and attractiveness of the common areas of the assigned property. Previous housekeeping in multi-family, mid rise apartment buildings with large common areas or hotel industry experience preferred. Must be organized, detail oriented, can multi-task and able to work Monday – Friday.
The housekeeper will be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) Standards and company safety policies at all times. Incumbent is expected to have excellent attendance and communication skills, possess the ability to build lasting business relationships, and exhibit professionalism.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description does not list all duties that will be required of this position. You will be required to perform other duties, as requested by your supervisor.
- Practices OSHA standards and company safety policy
- Continuing education of safety training as required by company and/or State and Federal Law
- A hazard assessment form will be completed before beginning any task
- A make ready cleaning checklist will be utilized, completed, and turned in to the Community Manager for all apartment homes cleaned
- Clean all common areas not less than one time per day
- Cleans and monitors restrooms for cleanliness and inventory of necessities not less than two times per day
- Care, maintenance, and inventory of any and all equipment utilized to properly to complete job duties
- Frequent – no less than one time per day – verbal and written communication with supervisor
- Reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property, co-workers, or residents
- Maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock
- Assists other team members when necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read, write, and speak in English
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instruction
- Work under time constraints
- Frequently, and possibly, for long periods of time: walk, stand, bend, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job to include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Limited computer literacy
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Prior experience preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to access all areas of the property’s grounds and structures, including multilevel structures, with or without the aid of an elevator.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors
- Complete tasks assigned in a reasonable amount of time