Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor or the Commercial Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the preservation and upkeep of various properties. The Maintenance Technician will be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) Standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times. Incumbent is expected to have excellent attendance and communication skills, possess the ability to build lasting business relationships, and exhibit professionalism.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description does not list all duties that will be required of this position. You will be required to perform other duties, as requested by your supervisor.
- Replace/repair ceiling tiles.
- Prep and paint interior and exterior finishes.
- Adjust doors and door hardware.
- Power wash sidewalks and exterior of buildings.
- Use of power blower on sidewalks and driveways.
- Install acoustical batts and insulation.
- Assist with completion of Vendor projects.
- Assist with cleanup of properties.
- Change air filters in HVAC equipment.
- Assist with emergency maintenance.
- Prepare common areas and vacant suites, including painting, cleaning, vacuuming, moving furniture and materials, hanging pictures and decorations, and other related tasks required to prepare a space for re-occupancy
- Assists other team members when necessary: Willingness to accept other tasks and responsibilities that may not be strictly related to repair and maintenance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Read, understand and follow instructions contained in handwritten/printed service requests, provide handwritten/typed responses to same, and complete handwritten/typed reports in accordance with company procedures
- Read and understand various manuals, instructions and other printed materials, such as regulation manuals, procedures manuals, warning labels and directional labeling on materials needed to perform various tasks
- Work under time constraints: Complete tasks assigned in a reasonable amount of time
- Stay aware of all work-safety requirements pertinent to the position
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and previous experience preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Safely lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- Ability to safely use hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, saws, various power tools including hand held drills and circular saws
- Safely ascend and descend various types of ladders unassisted
- Must be able to safely access all areas of the property’s grounds, regardless of grounds conditions and/or weather conditions, including multilevel structures, with or without the aid of an elevator.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job to include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Frequently, and possibly, for long periods of time: walk, stand, bend, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors
- Travel for the purpose of conducting regular property business. Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is required
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Seven and a half (7.5) days Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Paid holidays vary depending on work schedule
EOE and Drug Free Workplace