This position is responsible for maintaining the community grounds in an attractive condition in accordance with Royal American Management’s Policies and Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.
- Practice OSHA standards, company safety policy and stay aware of work-safety requirements
- Continuing education of safety training as required by company and/or State and Federal Law
- Complete a hazard assessment form before beginning any task
- Water any and all potted plants in community common areas daily. Water any additional newly planted foliage as directed by the community manager.
- Porter may be required to water lawn, shrubs and flowers, mow, trim, fertilize and rake lawns, trim shrubs, plants and small trees, tend to flowers and pull weeds, and spray insecticides, maintain watering and drainage systems, turn soil and reseed lawn
- May be required to paint exterior of buildings, pick up litter/trash on grounds daily, clean and maintain exterior light fixtures and replace light bulbs, install and maintain fences and gates, care for the pools, assist in inventory control and upkeep of grounds equipment and supplies, assist with any emergency maintenance situations as they arise as well as assist with any after hour emergency situations such as fire watch
- Responsible for performing scheduled maintenance on all equipment, based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals
- Maintain all lawn and cleaning equipment according to manufacturer and company procedure guidelines
- Responsible for routine pressure wash/blowing of walks and breezeways and assist with keeping pool area clean, chairs straight, and trash receptacles empty
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage
- Frequent – no less than one time per day – verbal and written communication with supervisor
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property, co-workers, or residents
- Maintain the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Ensure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting of areas is maintained at all times
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and pet stations, cleaning windows, etc., in the common areas
- Assist other team members when necessary
Work is generally conducted in an outdoor environment. Employee must be able to tolerate outdoor conditions for their assigned work schedule, must be able to safely lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance and walk, stand, bend, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed.