**EXTENSIVE CONSTRUCTION JOB SITE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
Royal American Construction is seeking an experienced Project Manager to handle all aspects of the construction job site at various rehab projects. The project will last approximately one (1) year.
This position is responsible for managing multiple construction projects and includes managing job site employees, subcontractors and vendors. Responsible for onsite decisions that impact the success of the project, job site safety, training, compliance, and use and maintenance of small and heavy equipment. Projects range from Panama City, FL, Tallahassee, FL and DeFuniak Springs, FL.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preliminary distribution of plans, receiving and logging bids, preparing score for contracts, coordination with owners, architects, engineers and building departments.
- Responsible for insuring project superintendent has the necessary resources to run day-to-day site management for all subordinates and their responsibilities, coordinating subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensures project timelines are met, which at times may include performing job site tasks such as, quality checks and inspections, training, scheduling materials, labor and testing.
- Manages the development of the overall schedule and assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule.
- Monitors all job costs, prepares scopes of work for subcontracts/agreements prior to purchase, rental, or leasing of any required labor, equipment or material. Coordination with other team members for agreements.
- Supervises staff, including establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May make hiring, discipline, and/or termination decisions
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Ensures project changes are communicated and approved through all responsible parties, including architects, engineers, owners, subcontractors or any other group having authority over changes.
- Works within company policies, including drug-free and harassment-free workplace guidelines are followed, to ensure job site safety and OSHA compliance are included in a professional work environment.
- Conducts/attends OAC meetings.
- Documents project impacts per contract requirements.
- Ensures issues with subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, or utility companies are communicated in writing until resolution is reached. Close out of RFIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to step-in and assist subordinates to complete their work if necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word,)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, owners and vendors
- Strength in prioritizing, organizing and executing tasks
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to stay on task with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be prepared and be able to perform physical work and conduct inspections of work performed as needed.
- Walking the site and the use of stairs frequently throughout the day is a necessity for the position.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work in an office environment with customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to drive between job sites and use own personal vehicle and equipment to perform job functions. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read blue prints and effectively communicate with fellow employees
- Moderate physical activity
- This is a physically active position requiring walking, standing, sitting, driving
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Competitive salary
- Company paid health benefits, life insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Ancillary products offered
- Health Savings Account and Wellness Programs
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Nine (9) paid holidays and three (3) weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Tuition reimbursement programs and annual scholarship program
EOE and Drug Free Workplace