**EXTENSIVE CONSTRUCTION JOB SITE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
Royal American Construction, an established construction company, is seeking to hire an experienced Project Superintendent to handle all aspects of construction at multiple rehab job sites in Panama City, FL, Tallahassee, FL and DeFuniak Springs, FL.
Project will last approx. one year.
Must be proficient in reading and understanding plans and specifications, job cost estimates, subcontractor/supplier proposals and have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications. Must be able to handle projects with strict deadlines.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for managing multiple rehab construction projects. The position is responsible for managing job site employees, contractors, and vendors. The Project Superintendent is responsible for onsite decisions that impact the success of the project, job site safety, training, compliance, and use and maintenance of small and heavy equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Project Manager with preliminary distribution of plans, receiving of preliminary bids, preparing score for contract, and administration of subcontractors.
- Responsible for day-to-day site management including all subordinates and their responsibilities, coordinating subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensures project timelines are met, which at times may include performing job site tasks such as, quality checks and inspections, training, scheduling materials, labor, testing, use of elevators, equipment and tool operation, and cranes.
- Responsible for flow charts, scheduling, and noting potential delays in site logs.
- Monitors site costs, prepares agreements prior to purchase, rental, or leasing any required equipment, etc.
- Ensure project changes are communicated, and approved by Project Manager prior to agreement.
- Responsible for job site safety, equipment safety, and that all OSHA guidelines are met.
- Works within company polices including drug-free, harassment free workplace guidelines to ensure job site safety and OSHA compliance, and professional work environment.
- Conducts job site meetings and prepare minutes for same.
- Ensures issues with subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, or utility companies are communicated in writing until resolution is reached
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Step-in and assist subordinates to complete their work if necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word,) and some Timberline software
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, owners and vendors
- Strength in prioritizing, organizing and executing tasks
- Work independently with little supervision
- Able to stay on task with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Can perform essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be prepared and be able to perform physical work, operate equipment and conduct inspections of work performed as needed.
- Walking the site and the use of stairs frequently throughout the day is a necessity for the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be able to travel long distances in personally-owned vehicle on short notice to and from assigned job locations.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous work of 24 months in an office environment with customer service skills and construction job site experience required.
- Must be proficient in Timberline software & all Microsoft applications & able to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Drive between job sites in own personal vehicle
- Physical ability to walk the entire job site and use stairs all day long
- Ability to perform basic data entry, keyboarding, and mouse functions to complete job duties timely and efficiently
- Able to read and effectively communicate with fellow employees
- Moderate physical activity, such as walking, carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- This is a physically active position requiring walking, standing, sitting, driving
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company paid health benefits, life insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Ancillary products offered
- Health Savings Account and Wellness Programs
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Nine (9) paid holidays and three (3) weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Tuition reimbursement programs and annual scholarship program
EOE and Drug Free Workplace